Since 1919, the focus of Community Bank of Northern Wisconsin has been on one thing: the people in our surrounding areas. Since day one, we've kept the focus on the people by striving to deliver the one-on-one, friendly, reliable service you deserve, backed by state-of-the-art banking services that address your banking needs conveniently.
Our mission is to provide our customers with a wide variety of deposit and loan products through superior technology and personal service.
CBNWI is committed to providing:
- Unparalleled response and service in every transaction
- 24/7 access to banking services and information
- An understanding of you as a customer
- Products, services, and support that focus on your financial needs
At CBNWI, we go above and beyond to ensure that our product offerings not only serve you well, but provide value from top to bottom. Some of these exceptional services include:
- Do You Kasasa?® - CBNWI is proud to offer innovative Kasasa® checking and savings products. Each account is 100% free and offers valuable rewards like nationwide ATM fee refunds*, really high interest, cash in your pocket, digital download reimbursements, and more! Benefit in multiple ways with a Kasasa Cash®, Kasasa Cash Back®, Kasasa Tunes®, and Kasasa Saver®.
- State-of-the-art Conveniences – Your time is valuable. At CBNWI, we strive to make more of it by offering around-the-clock convenience services that allow you to stay on top of your banking without sacrificing your time.
- Commercial Services – Cut down on resources and increase efficiency with the help of our many commercial treasury management solutions.
- Investment Services – Stay on track of your goals, both long-term and short-term, with the help of our friends at RiverGroup Financial Advisors LLC.
- Personalized Lending – Personal, commercial, agricultural needs — whatever your need, we're here for you just the same. We offer customized repayment terms and a quick, local process.
A Promise To Our Customers
For nearly 100 years, CBNWI has proudly stood by our mission, meaning we've stood by and stood for our customers. Nothing has made us swell with more pride than to see the dreams of our customers come true — from first-time home purchases to hitting savings goals and beyond.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your unwavering commitment to us throughout the years, and also promise to return that same level of trust, respect, and commitment to you every single day.
CBNWI's Rich History
- 1919 - Brill State Bank is established by B.C. Leonard in the farming community of Brill, WI.
- 1965 - Roger Leonard succeeds his father as President of Brill State Bank.
- 1994 - Brill State Bank is purchased by Jerry Gerber and Family Members.
- 1995 - Rice Lake Branch opens at 407 West Knapp Street.
- 1999 - Lending and bookkeeping functions move from Brill office to Rice Lake.
- 2001 - Lending production office opens in Ladysmith.
- 2002 - Rice Lake branch officially becomes the Main Office of Brill State Bank.
- 2003 - Ladysmith expands to a full-service location at 810 Miner Avenue West.
- 2004 - Brill branch relocates to corner of Highways V & M in the Country Corner Store building.
- 2008 - Lending production office opens in Spooner at 322 North River Street
- 2008 - (July) Name changes from Brill State Bank to Community Bank of Northern Wisconsin (CBNWI) to reflect the growing service area.
- 2009 - Spooner expands to a full-service location.
- 2010 - Lending production office opens in Ridgeland at 101 Center Street.
- 2012 - Ridgeland expands to a full-service location.
- 2012 - (June) New Rice Lake location opens at 1204 West Knapp Street.